If you’re willing to help organise the 2013 London Drupal Camp, please comment on this thread with details on how you would like to GET INVOLVED.
1) Publish details of – and invite the community to – regular monthly meetings
2) Publish all meeting minutes publicly and invite feedback
3) To keep things moving forward there will be a steering committee of 10 – 12 volunteers
The start of an ambitious and open London Drupal Camp, designed to engage the whole of the UK is starting up. So far a few people have knocked ideas about over beers and now it’s being let out the bag for everyone to get involved.
Volunteers are sought to help with a variety of roles to make this a truly exciting Drupalcamp. Many hands make light work so please don’t be shy in putting your name forward no matter where you are based.
DrupalCamp London is initially being organised by the following: Alasdair Cowie-fraser (Code Enigma), Ben Wilding (Cameron & Wilding), Darren Mothersele, Dan Blows (TechHub) Edward Davies (BrightLemon), Farez Rahman (Red Key Digital), Hedley Smith (Agile Collective), Jonathan Smith (Catch Digital), Jon Hume (Catch Digital), Nikki Tyson (Acquia), Sinead hunt (io1), Tim Deeson (Deeson).CATEGORIES & MEETINGS
DrupalCamp London 2013 has been divided into different categories, which anybody is welcome to join and help out with. Even if no particular team suits you, still let us know how you’d like to help.
The secretary for each group will announce the first meeting which anybody can attend.
We will also be having a regular group meeting on the second Thursday of every month which everybody can join and contribute to – the next one is on the 13th September.
The teams include:
- Keeping the books
- Defining the budget
- Managing financial priorities
- Ensuring sustainability
- Regular check in with each team lead
- Monthly update to all teams on progress
- Make sure risks are regularly checked within each team
Venue & logistics
- Venue management & communication
- Manager and work with the events agency
- Schedule planning & event logistics
- Defining general sponsorship strategy & structure
- Finding sponsors
- Ensuring sponsors requirements are fulfilled
- Working out themes of the camp
- Finding speakers
- Defining any extra activities (e.g workshops, code sprints)
- Organising general structure of the speakers / sprints
- Organise social events
- Liaise with potential sponsors for social events
- Holding page
- Development / UX
- Liaise with other regional Drupal communities to encourage involvement
- Organise and undertake public communications
Marketing & Communications
- Marketing & Communications towards people & businesses outside the Drupal Community
This is all supported by a team of volunteers and any profit created will be put back into the community.
Anybody is welcome to attend our meetings and all minutes will be uploaded to Drupal.org and Drupal.org.uk.
This post can be seen on Drupal.org - http://groups.drupal.org/node/248298