London drupal camp is looking for trainers/training providers to run the training on the friday of the camp (1st March 2013). We are looking for proposals from one or multiple providers to provide this training.
- To be able to offer top quality multi standard training.
- To get a high level of attendance for the day.
- To be able to offer training that interests the targeted audience.
- People new to drupal who have some link to digital services.
- People new to drupal who are php developers.
- People new to drupal who are developers in other scripting languages.
- Students who are new to drupal.
- Freelancers with basic drupal knowledge, requiring increased skills for their work.
- Good junior drupal developers looking for more specialist knowledge.
- Three main rooms which fit 50 people each.
- Depending on proposed sessions and interest could have up to 6 sessions running concurrently with rooms split in half.
- Split into 3 general levels Beginners, improvers, advanced.
- Any ideas welcome for all levels, but the suggestion is that:
- Beginners will be a general overview of drupalling ideas. Something along the lines of:
- Building your first drupal website (picking a theme; basic page creation; what are modules and how to add them; step-by-step walking you through your first site)
- Improvers will cover more specific areas. Such as:
- Delving into views, panels, context and seeing how one can go about creating interesting layouts for their sites.
- Advanced will delve down into module creation and perhaps other technologies that relate to drupal.
- Symfony workshops
- Build a module
- Beginners and improvers focusing on more general drupal areas.
- Advanced focusing on specific drupal skills(e.g. panels, views) or perhaps other technologies that relate to drupal (e.g. symfony)
- Cost of the training for the users will cover all costs of the day.
- Trainers expenses.
- Training resources.
- Cost will try to be kept low so as not to be prohibitive to the users.
- Cost will be high enough to subsidise a number of free places for students.
- Expected ticket price - £80-100 for the day.
- Any money received in ticket costs that isn’t utilised on the training day will be split between the trainers.
- Teachers will benefit from exposure for the individual or the company. This will include being able to have company logos on training materials as well as mentions in the camps marketing.
- A free ticket for the rest of the camp.
- Food and refreshment provided for trainers.
- London Drupal Camp will provide the requisite resources for the training (e.g. projector, photocopying etc.)
- It will also provide training assistants if needed.
Can you please provide the following information in your proposal:
Number of trainers:
Current (travelling) address:
Previous training experience or testimonial:
Suggested training with target audience, title, content, experience level: